HRDF have a scheme to help companies like you to provide specific training for your staff. I have copied some of the words from HRDF website on this.
“Skim Bantuan Latihan (SBL), is the main scheme under Human Resource Development Fund (HRDF). Under this scheme, employers are free to identify their own training needs and to implement their training programmes to retrain and upgrade their employees’ skills in line with their operational and business requirements. SBL is offered based on these fundamental guidelines such as:-
- HRDF provide specialized training grant as an incentive for employers to retrain and upgrade workers’ skills, in line with the needs of their business requirement.
- Under SBL Scheme, employers are to identify their workers’ training needs and obliged to pay fully the training programme; and
- For programmes under the SBL Scheme, prior approvals must be obtained from HRDF. Reimbursement of allowable training costs is based on the rate of financial assistance as determined by HRDF from time to time. Payment is based on EMPLOYER CLAIM”.
Basically HRDF will reimburse your training cost based on your claim.
Who are Eligible?
All registered employers with HRDF and has paid the levy for the first month of registration is liable to apply for the training grant. So if you have registered and have paid the first month levy, you are eligible.
How do you Claim?
Training Grant claims will be paid upon submission of the claim form by the employers after the completion of the training programme. It should be submitted by using the claim form PSMB/T/1/09 of which can be obtained from HRDF officers or the website. To avoid any delays in processing claims, employers should ensure that the form is complete and correct. Relevant receipts must also be included. All copies of receipts or supporting documents must be certified by the employer.
The claim form must be signed by an authorized officer from the employer’s side or any officer holding the post as specified in the claim form. Claims must be submitted upon completion of training and all costs have been paid. The claim form must be submitted no later than June 30 the next year.
Some terms and Conditions that you must fulfill
Payment will not be made if the trainees did not attend the full training programme. A trainee is deemed to have completed the training programme if he had followed at least 75% of them and takes all the examinations / tests, if needed.
How do Employer get the payment from HRDF?
Cheque or credit statement (E-disbursement) will be posted to employers. The statement for each calculation/payment will be given as well for reference.
ACTION FROM YOU
I believe all entrepreneurs and employer must take advantage of this government help. Train your employees, have better trained staff, become more efficient, become more effective, become more successful entrepreneur.
Contact our team for the training. Under ICT for growth initiative we will provide training on how to manage and control your company using applications from the cloud. You can get access from anywhere and at anytime. The cloud application include accounting, HR, payroll, Finance, CRM, Asset Management, PC Management, PC Monitoring and Tender Monitoring.
What you need to do?
1. Submit application form, on-line. ( get your user and password from HRDF if you don’t have it yet)
2. Submitting supporting documents ( submit before commencement of training)
3. Supporting documents – objectives, course content, course fees quotation, trainers biodata, training material
4. If you are claiming the following please submit support documents – staff transport, rental of training premise,
What are the allowable claims?
1. Public training provided by Training providers
a) Course fees
b) Daily allowance RM100 ( if <50km), RM250 ( if >50km) per person per day
c) Airfare ( if applicable)
2. Training provided by external trainer, at own premise
a) Trainer fees ( RM3,500 / day max)
b) Trainee allowance, RM20 per day
c) or can claim hotel training package ( if conducted in hotel)
d) Transport ( if conducted outside)
e) daily allowance for employees from branch
f) Consumable training material
g) Airfare ( if applicable – for staff from branch)
Forms from PSMB: